May 23 2009

In the City

Published by at 11:23 pm under Uncategorized

Not much to write about, but I am in the city making some money this summer. Working these months will keep me going for the rest of the year. This is the last year I expect to work at all, so I’m saving up for a few new nets, some ammo, silencers to my guns, more books etc. I know that guns aren’t exactly primitive, but since bows aren’t legal for hunting here, I keep and mostly use guns.

I don’t think I’ll write much more until August, when caribou season starts and I am back in the mountains.

7 Responses to “In the City”

1. suburban bushwackeron 24 May 2009 at 8:36 am

Good luck
    SBW

2. Anonymouson 25 May 2009 at 1:17 pm

what happend to your earthlodge? to your gardening?
    so many plans you had
    and now you appear to be just in the city like the rest of them!?!?
    did not expect that from you Torjus
    best of luck though

3. Torjus Gaarenon 25 May 2009 at 4:13 pm

Thanks SBW

Hi Marc

The earthlodge is in construction. Some gardening is being done too. Giving up would be the easy way, one that I am not going to take. Are you?

4. Justinon 25 May 2009 at 11:10 pm

Torjus,

What about your family? Will they be joining you? Does your partner understand what you are doing?

Justin.

5. Survival Acreson 09 Jun 2009 at 1:11 am

Wish we could simply buy silencers here, our government doesn’t trust us with them, so you have to do the paperwork dance, and some of the local sheriffs won’t trust anyone with one either, so you’re still screwed.

Hope your summer is productive. I’m working myself literally into the ground rehabilitating the land here. Going to build a pond pretty soon, I’ve got tons of drains to install, and then on to the greenhouse (finally). Maybe, we’ll see.

But I hold no illusions, this isn’t ever going to be ‘living off the land’ or even the local sunshine, it’s a stop-gap measure that only accomplishes a little.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you (I mean it).

6. Anonymouson 16 Jul 2009 at 3:30 am

Hello Torjus,

saw this article and was thinking of you:

more on that guy here:

hope you are well

hår det brå!

7. Le Loupon 31 Aug 2009 at 12:34 am

Torjus, if you want to remain primitive and use guns, may I suggest that you use a flintlock muzzleloading gun. I believe they are the best for survival. The smoothbore is very versatile and the lock can be used to make fire. They are easy to repair if you carry spare parts and if you have no spare parts then you can still use a flintlock as a matchlock.
    Regards, Le Loup.