Jan 24 2011

Handdrill Video

Published by at 12:05 am under Expeditions and Experiences

Been practising filming and editing as I want to make some more interesting videos at a later date. Don’t laugh at the bad acting performance, ok? hehe

7 Responses to “Handdrill Video”

1. jasonon 24 Jan 2011 at 2:12 am

Thanks for making and sharing the video. I really like your idea of saving tinder bundles. I have not thought of doing that but it makes a lot of sense.

2. Paul Kirtleyon 27 Jan 2011 at 3:15 pm

Hey Torjus, congratulations on your first video. I enjoyed watching it.

All the best from the UK!

Paul

3. производство крановon 29 Jan 2011 at 12:17 am

I enjoyed this! Well done!

4. Paul Mooreon 31 Jan 2011 at 10:32 pm

Hi Torjus thats a great first video well done!

All the best from the Northern Ireland Bushcraft association

5. Kyle (Potholes Primitive)on 31 Jan 2011 at 10:38 pm

Hi Torjus,

Way to go with the film. If you’re not carefull you may end up on cable tv with Ray Mears and Cody Lundin.

I want to say also: I faithfully read your blog updates. I admire your efforts in sharing as much as your efforts in the field. I think what you’re doing is tremendously important, because modern people need as many examples of being bold and different that they can get. Ecspecialy young people. The writings of primitive practioners gave me enormous comfort as a youth, letting me know I was not alone, and that I could cary my passions further than I ever dreamed. I would never have dared come as far as I have without the writings of people like Tom Elpel, Jim Riggs, and Brent Ladd to encourage me. You never know who your work is influencing. The extra inspiration might be all somebody needs to tip the scales between a life of mediocrity and a lifelong adventure.

Email me an address and your USDA hardiness zone, and I will try to send you some of the seed I’ll be collecting for my own forest garden this year. I collect all kinds perrenial and edible seed hardy in Zone 5 or 6, but many of the species I’m planting are much hardier than that. I’ve been suprised at how many species on my list
    (of over two hundred) I’ve been able to find just by keeping my eyes open.

I appreciate you keeping us posted. I’d realy like to see how that coppiced hazel looks in the seasons after you burn it. I may do the same to my hazels.

When the alarm goes off in my earth lodge, and I blow out the fat lamp, and I hike through the snow, to my car, to work at the plywood plant- it’s nice to know of a certain SOB in faraway Scandanavia whose at least as crazy me.

-Kyle

6. Torjus Gaarenon 04 Feb 2011 at 12:49 pm

Thanks guys!

Kyle

I was as crazy as you… Hehe, but I’ve become more comfort seeking after a couple of challenging winters… But next year I’ll have at least one earth lodge finished and quite a bit of more fur clothing too I hope (we’ll see what time permits…), so maybe I’ll go nuts again…

Sure, I hope that we inspire people, eventually this life is all that will be left at some point anyway…

Both USDA zone 4 and 5 I should have sites available for.

Til later

7. Belfast Bushcrafton 18 Jul 2011 at 5:10 pm

Hi my friend,

Brilliant video. You are an inspiration