Nov 30 2012

Thomas Missing in Alaska

Published by at 11:06 am under Expeditions and Experiences

My friend and co-writer here has been missing in Alaska since November 15th after having been alone in the wilderness since around September 25th. The search parties found very few clues to what have happened and the search has been suspended until further leads are discovered.

Thomas is extremely hardy and might very well still be ok, but something has definitely happened to keep him from getting back. If you want to help in any way, you can contact Teaching Drum and they will inform you what you can do in terms of donations to the search.

I wish that this great adventurer and human being will return to tell the tale.

9 Responses to “Thomas Missing in Alaska”

1. Trish the Vultureon 30 Nov 2012 at 5:57 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you from “the Vulture” family. It was lovely meeting you and finding out more about your style of living. You’re a VERY interesting human being Torjus! Hope to hear back from you. Cheers! -Trish

2. Andy Bon 01 Dec 2012 at 6:22 pm

My thoughts are with you and hopefully Thomas will be safe and be reuntied with his family and friends.

3. Deus Ex Machinaon 02 Dec 2012 at 6:31 pm

Please keep us posted.

4. Anonymouson 23 Dec 2012 at 6:55 pm

It is now December 23, 2012. Has there been any news about Thomas? I will pray for him. It makes one think.

— Eric

5. Jordan Manleyon 26 Dec 2012 at 6:54 pm

My gut feeling is that hes out there having a great time.

6. Torjus Gaarenon 26 Dec 2012 at 7:49 pm

No news about Thomas has reached me. They did another search, but appearantly found no new leads.

7. Julienon 27 Dec 2012 at 3:27 am

I am a Wisconsin boy currently living in Norway with Alaska in my dreams, so I feel oddly connected to this incident. Upon browsing this blog for articles involving animal hides, I read about how Thomas has gone missing. I hope he comes out someday just to let everyone know he’s okay. I really do. Please do keep us posted. Thanks,
    Jules

8. Jordan Manleyon 28 Dec 2012 at 9:54 pm

I know the Tanana river area a bit, do you have any specifics on his last know location?

9. skoton 31 Jan 2013 at 11:47 pm

hi Torjus
    would be great to talk at some point, shocked and gutted bout Thomas missing.
    my computer as died so no skpe at mo , but will be in touch as soon as poss. Been thinking bout you alot and hope to connect face to face soon.